April 19, 2010

Lunch and WTF?

So I got an email at my professional account from someone at a university asking for me to turn in my timesheet this Friday. Apparently, the university concerned recently started using Google services, and the employee the email was intended for had confused using @google.com and @university.com. Brilliant!

Lunch today was another frozen favorite: the Chicken Quesadilla (pronouncing the "ll" as a "y" is for pussies and is unamaracun).

I also had some celery sticks (unlimited vegetable) and light ranch dressing. It's no Chipotle (chip-ottle), but it's pretty damned good.

There are many job openings out there for senior engineers, but few for entry level and lower mid-level engineers, so the morning was one of mixed successes. I applied for a few new jobs, and re-wrote my resume to target more specifically the jobs I applied for. I can't be the only one who really hates having to put my resume in plain text format.

In other news, I did a Rosetta Stone French spelling lesson right before lunch (I haven't done any lessons in awhile) and failed miserably. I'm repeating the lesson before getting back to work, and will let you know if I remember how to spell "18 plates" in French.

No comments:

Post a Comment