April 15, 2010

Taxes, Halo, Snack, Delivery and Weigh In

IN REVERSE ORDER!

332.2 lbs

Down is always good. In other news, apparently a Schwan driver delivered my 2nd week of frozen food today. Normally, they're staggered by about 2 weeks, but I'm not complaining. It was difficult to fit it all into the freezer, but we managed. We have a smaller freezer that we bought for the old house that we haven't had to use yet, so overflow wouldn't have been a problem. As things stand, we're cooking a turkey (the smell of which is slowly driving me mad).

For afternoon snack, I had some BBQ Soy Chips, which, as always, were delicious. Unfortunately, I slept quite late today, as last night was supposed to be a bit of a momentous occasion.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=25612

Yes dear friends, by the grace of whatever unholy gods rule the internet, Halo 2 and other original Xbox titles appear to still be working via Live. As of this writing, there are around 2,300 unique players on the service, and I doubt it will top 5k tonight, unlike last night where it came close to 12k. I hopped on for one match in Team Training to confirm and got my ass handed to me, so I don't know if I'll play any more. I've got some Netflix running for background noise, so if you hop on this evening, feel free to shoot me a message and maybe I'll hop on.

Taxes aren't fun, and it's that day again so it's obligatory to talk about them. I took care of mine over the weekend, but I would have had them done much sooner if I'd not had to wait on a reprint of a form from my former state's unemployment office. Fortunately, I'd realized the form was missing in time to get the new one, and all was finished and e-filed for my 3 states well before the deadline.

I realize that some of you, including some members of this household, still need to finish them, and I only have one thing to say about that: SUCKS TO BE YOU! Keep on rocking in the free world.

No comments:

Post a Comment