April 6, 2010

Afternoon Snack and Dinner

So I'm running a few meals together, because it seems stupid to write two entries at this point.

Afternoon Snack consisted of a bag of Nacho Crisps.

I'm not a huge fan of these things, and I think I'll continue not ordering them. The flavor powder is alright, but the texture of the super-thin soy crisps is just too difficult to enjoy.

Dinner consisted of a Thick Crust Pizza and a Fudge Brownie for dessert.

The pizza comes in three parts: sauce, cheese and crust. I find it more than mildly disconcerting that the mozzarella can spend months in a package, unrefrigerated, and still be edible.

Regardless of my terror at the franken-foods I'm consuming, I prepared the pizza and shoved it in the microwave.

On the whole, it was a good meal. I enjoy the pizzas, although the frozen one they offer is better. I had all my sides in salad form, with the exception of my slice of toast (carbohydrate). In the salad were some cherry tomatoes (fruit), some chopped broccoli (vegetable), some green olives (fat) and some romaine lettuce (unlimited vegetable). Now, I realized after preparing the salad that I'd added an extra vegetable to the mix, but I'm not going to lose sleep over this. Why, you ask? Because I realized I've been omitting a vegetable from what I'm supposed to eat at dinner.

I'm going to stick to my original plan, without that extra vegetable, but I'm not terribly worried about a cup of broccoli destroying me.

Dessert was a delightful affair. I like that they put all the pastries in trays so that they won't be crushed.

The brownie is just about the size of my fork. It's a good brownie, but a .25" thick brownie that looks comical on top of a fork is... less than satisfying. Still, it's a good dessert.

Alright, bitches, I'm out, time for Justified and V.

No comments:

Post a Comment