April 8, 2010

An Egg is Fine, Too

GOOD MORNING! I was not terribly hungry this morning, but I forced myself to eat some breakfast, because it helps to get the metabolism going.

I had not previously tried the "Whole Grain O's Cereal" and I'm now thanking God I've only got a few of them left.

This is possibly the blandest cereal I have ever consumed. The one advantage it has over the other cereals is that it has the highest volume of cereal in a serving, which doesn't really get me hard, at this point. For sides, I had a slice of wheat toast (carbohydrate) a 1oz piece of leftover Easter ham heated in a pan (protein) and a juice box (fruit). I'm going to miss the leftover Easter ham when it is no more, it really brightens up my breakfast. Of course, an egg is fine, too.

So I'm going slightly insane as a result of Pizza Hut's recent campaign advertising their wings. Now, their wings are kind of terrible, but they remind me that I have access to excellent wings where I live, now.

http://www.wingstogo.com/menu.php

Beer and wings, of course, is one of my favorite "this is absolutely terrible for me" meals, and possibly what will be used to celebrate the 100 lbs benchmark. I am, needless to say, cycling through various cravings. One week, I'm obsessed with wings, the next week, I'll be thinking about how much I'd love to shove a Baconator down my tubby gullet. None of these are good things to eat, of course, but they have two things in common:

1) They're fucking delicious.

2) They're highly accessible.

The combination of the two is deadly. Fortunately, I have my rules, and they're easy enough to obey. There is no room in the Protein, Carbohydrate, Vegetable, Fruit, and Fat paradigm for any of these terrible-for-me foods. Wings would have too much fat to count for a protein. Any cheeseburger worth eating would contain far too many carbs, too much fat, and too much protein to be edible. Pizza that's worth eating would violate nearly every tenet of the diet.

So I either eat the pale comparisons that the diet offers, or I just eat what's available that tastes most decent. For the most part, I avoid direct comparisons between the foods I'm eating and the "real world" versions of them. Pizza made from packets and cooked in a microwave could never even possibly compare to a real pizza, but it tastes pretty good, and I don't think of it as pizza. Good smoked BBQ that takes hours or days to smoke properly will always win over the BBQ pork wrap or BBQ beef and beans, but I enjoy them, because they taste good and I can eat them.

Mostly, I try to put "real food" out of my mind, and focus on enjoying what I'm allowed to eat. When I can't stop thinking about what I'd rather be eating, I think, "How nice will that be to eat when you weigh 180 lbs and are running 10 miles a day? Just think, if you drop a wing at that weight, it won't land on the shelf of your tubby belly and roll down your front, leaving a sauce treasure trail to where your gut mostly obscures your penis."

And that's a fucking motivator, right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment