April 16, 2010

Fatness Update and Fucking Kindle Pricing

Halo 2 appears to still be live, albeit with only 43 people playing. But in other news:

330.2 lbs

This is a good number. There's no shame in this, a man's weight loss. A man who has done fine works. We're making a better fatass. All of them, better fatasses.

Last night I watched Taking Woodstock, and decided I wanted to read the book of the same name. I hopped on the Amazon, and looked up the pricing. Now, I buy a ton of books I only have some interest in, because I can get them for $10 or less on the Kindle. Unfortunately, this book seems to have switched over to the new pricing scheme the publishers pushed for, so it was priced at $14.95, vs around $20 for the hardcover. I'm barely willing to pay that price for hardcovers that I've spent years waiting to read, much less something I only have a passing interest in.

This is the same reason I bought shit like The Audacity of Hope, The Death and Life of the American School System, Night Watch and Go Go Girls of the Apocalypse. I ended up profoundly enjoying several of these titles and bought more related books, but there's no way in hell I would have done that if they cost me more than 5-10 bucks.

Publishers, eat a dick, and stop begging me not to spend my money on your books.

No comments:

Post a Comment