April 8, 2010

Just Under The Wire

So I had another Experimental Meal for dinner tonight.

The Sloppy Joe Mix was dehydrated powder and beef meant to be reconstituted and served with a "small wheat bun".

The appearance of it prior to reconstitution in the microwave was less than inspiring.

Fortunately, it was much less terrifying once it went into the microwave. Since it required a carbohydrate, I got to double up on those with dinner (2 of the thin 1 serving things). I also had some celery (unlimited vegetable) and olives (fat) as sides.

The Sloppy Joes were pretty delicious, although I'd rather have a nice, fatty Manwich. It took all four halves of bread thins to eat it all, so it was a nice portion of beef and food product.

I had my fruit (juice box) with a Blueberry Lemon Bar for dessert. It was all quite tasty.

I find myself getting extremely bored with food and having to remind myself to eat. It's a little hard to get excited about most of my dinner options, and I find myself forgetting to eat or not realizing it's meal time fairly often. Those pretzels from snack time really didn't help anything, as I was kind of considering not ever eating again after that.

I bring this up because I nearly forgot to eat dinner this evening, and I probably wouldn't have cared until about 9 o'clock. Of course, this would be made much worse by the fact that I'd be watching Fringe around this point, meaning various food ads. These are erotic to me, at this point, and the root of many temptations for things that I may not eat. The things I would do to a plate of wings right now easily would get me into hell, or Valhalla, it's hard to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment