April 21, 2010

Lunch and Forgiveness

Forgive me readers, for my sins are legion.  First and foremost, the sin of sloth.  I confess, I have not precisely measured my dressing in the past.  I knew those little tin things I'd been using were roughly 4 tbsp, and filled them halfway (2 tbsp).  Indeed, I even told you, dear readers, of my willful bucking of the rules and having 2 tbsp of light dressing (which normally is considered a 'fat serving') rather than the 2 tbsp of fat-free dressing I was allotted by my weight loss gods.  And THIS is my third, and greater, sin.  I did knowingly and willingly have 2 TBSP of full fat dressing for my Fat servings with dinner, repeatedly, and I enjoyed it, woe unto me!  That is TWICE the permissible quantity of full fat dressing in the eyes of the pantheon.  This sin is unforgiveable, and I have taken on an unthinkable penance as a result:

For it is said that in the Hidden Valley, the man might cleans himself of sin.  Yea, the taste is lacking, and YEA, it is not delicious as fatty bleu cheese, whose rot and decay were as that of my own immortal soul, but it shall provide REDEMPTION!


And I have determined that my penance should begin immediately, in concert with my lunch of frozen Steak and Cheese Melt.

Yea, the Steak and Cheese Melt, which is as a Hot Pocket that does not tarnish the immortal soul nor bring on horrible feelings of shame and indigestion.

Yea, and my penance has begun, with the addition of a small measuring cup to my plate with 2 tbsp of the sacred tincture and an abundance of cucumber slices (unlimited vegetables).

Look kindly upon this wretched soul, dear readers, and know his shame.  He has repented, and vowed penance, yet is still lowered in your eyes.  RAISE HIM UP!  JOIN THE FAT-FREE REVOLUTION!

And with that nonsense out of my system, let me treat you to some numbers (all for 2 Tbsp servings):

Marie's Chunky Blue Cheese
Calories                160
Calories From Fat 160
Grams of Fat         17
Marzetti's Light Classic Ranch
Calories                80
Calories From Fat 70
Grams of Fat         8

Hidden Valley Fat Free Ranch
Calories                30
Calories From Fat 0
Grams of Fat         0

Now, I'd be allowed 2 Tbsp of the Light dressing or 1 Tbsp of the full fat dressing for a fat serving (only available at dinner) but is it worth it?  I know I said I wasn't going to sink to these depths, but fuck me, it's time for some slumming.

Didn't get to my French before lunch, but I'm going to do some after I publish this.

No comments:

Post a Comment