January 14, 2011

Moderation

So today was the last day of a week-long class in which I and some coworkers learned some of the basic mechanic skills used to build a plane, that we might better do our jobs as engineers.  Every day this week, most of my coworkers have gone to lunch, and I stayed at the training facility and consumed my healthy meals with the other trainees.  Today, I decided to branch out.


I had a "Turkey Cobb Salad".  "Cobb", at this BBQ restaurant, apparently translates to: a whole boiled egg, 2 slices of bacon, a half an avocado, and about 2 oz of turkey.  Really, when I break it down, the only terrible part of it all, portion-wise, is the fat in the avocado.  Avocado is supposed to be "good fat", however... so I deem this to be an acceptable, if borderline unacceptable, lunch.

It's probably excessive, but to give some perspective:  in the past, I've ordered an entire rack of ribs with the attendant two sides of mashed or fried potatoes and mac & cheese.  I will call this an improvement (there were no less-threatening salad options, is another statement I should make).  Ideally, maybe I should have eaten half the salad, or ordered it without the bacon and avocado, or sat alone and eaten my diet food.  Ideally.

So at any rate, I had a number of evening errands to run after work, the last of which was a trip to the supermarket for minor things.  I'm still good for veggies, but I was running low on paper products (which I do NOT buy at the hippie store, frigging sandpaper for your ass) and some soda (also something the hippies don't stock, I wonder why?).  I had been considering stopping at the deli on the way home for a Caesar salad, but decided that, if they had rotisserie chickens at this supermarket, I would be allowed to buy one, along with whatever salad they had sans meat.


They did. I did.  I'm eating now.  I've decided that the MOST I can eat is half the chicken, although I've eaten the breast and the wing, and I'm only just nibbling the drumstick now.  I will take a break and demolish the other half of this salad, then reconvene to determine if the rest of said chicken half shall be consumed.  (EDIT: before publishing this post, I finished the drumstick and thigh.  I feel quite full, and the other half of the chicken is in the fridge, possibly to go in my lunch tomorrow.)

I would also like to note that I stuck precisely to my list... Although I just realized I forgot to fucking buy handsoap.  I've got a dispenser in each bathroom, but I'm washing my hands with Dawn in the kitchen. Goddamnit, guess I'll have to get some the next time I make a vegetable run.

I may sit out and have a cigar, or I'll just switch straight to the couch, where the video games happen.  I'm thinking some CoD: Black Ops to start with, leading into some Halo: Reach.  Possibly some Rock Band 3 in there, I don't know.  I have to get up for work tomorrow, though I can go in later than usual, so I can't game until 4am as I have in the past.



G'night, Fatheads.

No comments:

Post a Comment