January 23, 2011

Fifty Percent Is Only Failing In School

In life, it's failure plus job loss, unless you're in a union.  At any rate, I made it 100% on my predictions for the games today, but only 50% on what I actually wanted to see.  The Bears, once again, broke the hearts of Chicagoans world-wide.  I have the unique joy of saying that both my birth-city team and my home-town team were taken out of the fucking playoffs by the biggest rival of one of the teams.  Awesome.


At any rate, I ate a ham sandwich and low-fat chips from Jimmy Johns for lunch, and a turkey-bacon sandwich with low-fat chips from the same restaurant for dinner.  In the middle somewhere, I had a bag of Nutrisystem Soy BBQ Chips.  I also had a slice of raisin bread toast for breakfast this morning.

I finished my laundry (last load is in the dryer now) but did almost none of the other cleaning I wanted to accomplish this weekend.  Maybe I'll have better success stretching it over the week this week than I did last week.  Of course, a key part of that plan involves going to bed on time, with TV and computer off at 8pm... which hasn't happened, obviously.

I also went through the shipment of food I got this week and mostly distributed it/reorganized the Nutrisystem pantry here in the Fatness Castle.  I segregated the food that's going to be traveling with me for business next month, and next weekend/this week I need to figure out if both it and my clothes can fit together in a suitcase, or if I need to ship the food or some other alternative I haven't thought of, yet.  This reorganization was accomplished in concert with a partial cleaning of the kitchen and the Doing Of The Dishes, a foul pagan rite that must be performed at least once, sometimes twice a week in the life of a bachelor (if he's stopped buying as many paper/plastic plates as he used to).



Shit.  It just occurred to me that my towels are currently in that dryer, meaning that I need to remember to pull them out before I get in the shower tomorrow.  YES I have more towels, but I like those ones, which could have something to do with why they're the ones I use.  So I'm going to sign off now, pray that I remember that in the morning, and lament the fact that I'm not allowed to get drunk on beer to forget the crushing losses both the Bears and the Eagles suffered both because I want to lose weight AND because I need to get up for work on a manufacturing schedule tomorrow.

Later, Fatheads.

No comments:

Post a Comment