January 8, 2011

All Work and Eating Out Makes Fatass Something Something

So, today started off pretty well, I had a nice diet breakfast, and then headed off to work at a reasonable weekend hour.  Unfortunately, I forgot to pack a lunch, and it all went downhill from there.

I have pictures, but I decided to write this post out on my balcony, so I'm not going to bother to post them.  I fortunately had a Nutrisystem snack (BBQ Soy Chips) left in my desk from a day I didn't have afternoon snack, so I had that for my morning snack.  After that, I made plans to grab lunch with a coworker.

Unfortunately, it was a rather intense day at the office, and with our high level of work, I didn't remember to eat at a decent time, and the coworker's wife called him and he went off to grab food when I was busy with something, SO I ended up going out to Panera (Bread Co) at about 2pm.

I wasn't bad, I got a Cobb Salad (OK, a little bad, but no fried chicken)  on which I only used half the dressing, and I got the apple for a side, rather than a baguette or chips.  It was very filling, and helped get me through the rest of the day.

On the way home, I decided I didn't feel like making my own dinner, so I stopped at the deli near my home, and picked up a Caesar Salad.  Now, they make a fantastic salad, that had about a whole chicken breast in it... Unfortunately, I also gave in to my weaker side and bought a Reuben sandwich.

I ate half the sandwich, and then ate my salad, which was certainly more than I should have eaten, but I kept myself from eating the second half of the sandwich, following the "wait and see if you REALLY want to eat it later" rule.  I did not, however, hork down my full quart of water with the meal, as I've been trying to do.

Thus, after an hour and change of watching some TV and playing some Reach, I consumed the remaining half sandwich and now soggy chips/pickle with my mouthparts.

Now, I'm hanging out on the balcony watching the harbor with a cigar and my laptop, contemplating the last glass worth of whiskey I have in the apartment as an after dinner cordial.  I need a night off to heal my feet from wearing some poor shoes for extended walking earlier this week, so I decided not to go out tonight.

Given that I can routinely consume thousands of calories of beer and liquor when I decide on a night out, this is probably the better option, but I'm still very pissed at myself for giving in to my baser desires.

Tomorrow, I'll be spending the day at home cleaning, so I shall do better.  Tonight, I will play the video games with great gusto (probably Halo: Reach, though I hope to get in some COD Black Ops first).

To the console-based-internet, Fatheads!

No comments:

Post a Comment