January 18, 2011

Failure, Mitigated By Gluttony

So I took my kettle back in to work today, so that I could prepare my lunch.


Which was a cup of Nutrisystem Cheesy Homestyle Potatoes.  I also had some celery, and a juice box for a morning snack (I feel like I'm 5 every time I type that).

Hit the Whole Foods after work today, which is a terribly dangerous place for a man on a diet.  I was mostly good, bought vegetables and milk, my main staples, but...


I picked up some Salmon Corn Chowder and Baked Kettle Chips with Salt and Vinegar for dinner.  Really, either one of these things would be a day-killer.  The chips alone are 480 calories for the bag.  That's one good thing about whole foods: even when you go off the wagon, you can mitigate it (a 'family size' bag of chips from a regular supermarket is easily 2000 calories, depending on the branding).

Unfortunately, if you're watching tv and you are drinking soup from the side of a cup, and you get surprised, maybe you over-mitigate it.  I was looking away from the computer, and I had last night's House on.  While chugging the last of my chowder, it went to a rather loud commercial without warning, and I took an over-large swallow.  I immediately gave up my entire delicious dinner to the, mercifully large, trashcan I keep at my desk.

After awhile, my stomach settled, and I made a discovery worthy of the nations most fervent politicos:  oranges are a fucking stupid food to eat after you've made your throat raw vomiting.  I'm now considering a glass of milk (there's about 8-12oz left in last week's half gallon) and a piece of raisin bread or something.  I also still need to slice up my vegetables purchased today and take care of my dishes.  I'ma go do that and pray my stomach stays in its place for awhile, that orange really isn't sitting right.



Party on, Fatheads.

No comments:

Post a Comment