January 5, 2011

Dinner, Temptation Resistance

So whenever I've had an unpleasant appointment after work, I've gotten in the habit of "rewarding" myself with takeout from either the supermarket (jesus christ, when did the Whole Foods hot bar get so good for fat people?) or fast food.  Today marks day one of breaking that habit.  Fuck yeah, not eating delicious things that are high in both starches AND fats... Sweet candy zombielord, I could go for some starches and fats in quantity.


But no, instead, I treated myself to a frozen Nutrisystem Salisbury Steak with Macaroni & Cheese.


Pretty decent, and the cauliflower (vegetable), celery (unlimited vegetable), 2 tbsp of light ranch dressing (fat) and a slice of wheat toast (carbohydrate) didn't go amiss, either.  Wine and apples in the background: not a part of this particular meal, but the diet Mug root beer is.


For dessert, I had a Peppermint Cookie Patty, of which I apparently do not have a stock picture.  It was delicious, be jealous.


While at work, I ate one of those apples for a morning snack, and ended up eating my yogurt with the Nutrisystem lunch I brought with me.  I did not have an afternoon snack, which is definitely part of why I was starving by the time I got home a bit after 5.

So I learned something new yesterday that I thought I would share with you.  I'm going to be doing some traveling in the near future, fairly frequently, for work, and I didn't want to have to worry about the Schwan deliveries coming to my home when I wasn't here, and I also needed more dry food for travel, so I wanted to switch to the regular program for a month, which they now, apparently, make very easy.  However, the customer service agent told me that I could go on the Silver program (for old people) and only get one snack a day and save a bit of cash, so I did that for my next shipment.

That's about all I've got tonight, Fatheads, I have to turn off the computer in an hour and a half, so it's time for me to take care of other things before zero hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment