January 16, 2011

Night Out... Success?

So I went out last night.  My intent was to find a quite coffee shop and read some books/drink much coffee.  I started out at a hookah bar with a buddy, then moved on to a wing joint/sports bar to watch the fucking pack crush Atlanta.  We went there for dinner, over the course of which I had two jack and diets before switching to rum and diet.  I had two skewers of shrimp (10 medium/large shrimp)  with broccoli instead of fries.  Of course, the broccoli was covered in butter and salt, but it's still much better than fried potatoes.  I would provide a picture, but I was in a bar.  Bars tend to be dark, and not conducive to even the nicest phone camera photography.

From there, I went on to lose horribly at pool, while continuing to drink rum and diets, with the occasional shot of I don't even remember.  And then there was dancing.  One must be drunk for dancing, otherwise one will realize how ridiculous one looks, and stop immediately.  This one did not stop.

Through the entire night, I drank Bacardi and Diets after dinner (as I said, with the occasional shot that magically appeared) until my last drink of the night.  I ordered a Harp beer, and drank just a few mouthfulls of it before deciding "no, this is not worth the calories".  I was very proud of myself.  In the past, I've always resorted to beer on these broken diet nights.  My pattern is to start off good with Bacardi and diets, get buzzed, and then maintain with beer.  Last night, I managed to just cruise on the Bacardi and Diets.

Of course, I'm a little upset with myself that I did any drinking at all, but I need to face facts.  I'm employed again (thank God), I live downtown in one of the greatest cities in the country, and I have an active social life.  It's unrealistic to expect that I won't be drinking at all.  I just need to restrict myself to the lower calorie hard liquor drinks with diet soda or no non-liquor additives, and keep my nights out to a minimum.

On the walk home, I ran into the supermarket and bought some manner of sammitch and a bag of chips (the standard larger size of bag).  I ate most of the (not very large) sammitch and very little of the chips, apparently, before passing out in front of my living room television.  I left my   I believe there was at least roast beef, possibly ham and turkey, and American cheddar.

Weight:     301.8 lbs
Body Fat: 42.8%
Water:      43.8%


 I'm a bit dehydrated, but this is still a good thing.  I'm going to consume the remaining rotisserie chicken in my fridge along with some small portion of the fantastic salt and vinegar chips I bought last night while I watch some TV and rehydrate this morning, then I'm throwing out the remainder of the chips and possibly putting my fat ass on the elliptical (probably just going to play drums).



Enjoy the alternative to yesterday's music, Fatheads! 

PS: I ate a morning snack of a drumstick from the rotisserie chicken and a juice box for morning snack yesterday, and some bell peppers and a Nutrisystem Turkey Hot Dog for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment