January 12, 2011

New Things?

I've got a the first new Nutrisystem meal I've tried in a long time tonight, and I'm excited to share my new joy with you, but first, the daily round-up.


At work, I was sad to see I both forgot a spoon for my yogurt AND forgot my juice box.  I considered throwing a tantrum.  Instead, I ate my frozen Nutrisystem Steak and Cheese Melt and some cucumber slices.

When I got home, I played a bit of Rock Band 2 to prep myself for the coming of Rock Band 3.  To be honest, I don't even know what songs are on the new one, but other people are buying it, so for Live play, we must update.  I rocked Green Grass and High Tides as the end song of a 3 challenging random song challenge set on Hard Drums (5 Stars, bitches), so I'm pretty pleased that my mad skillz have not eroded overmuch.


On to the new hotness: the Nutrisystem Southwest-Style Chicken Wrap.  It was pretty good, but a bit of a mess.  As is typical of these wrap things, the wrap broke apart into quarters (the way they fold it) before I could start eating it, so it was a bit of a combination of fork and scooping.  On the whole, I'll order it again.


In other new news, my regular supermarket stopped carrying Marzetti's Light dressings (they still have the regular, but that really does nothing for me).  Fortunately, they carry another brand of nicer dressings, the Naturally Fresh brand.  I'm reserving judgment on it vs. Marzetti's until I can do a side by side comparison, but the fact that I need to do that tells you that they're fairly similar in quality, and I enjoy them both.  My only negative about it vs Marzetti's is that the Marzetti's is a bit thicker, but that's a personal preference thing.


For sides, I had the small amount of cucumbers I had remaining, along with celery (unlimited vegetable), cauliflower (vegetable), 2 Tbsp of the noted dressing (fat) and a slice of wheat toast.  Actually, it may be multigrain, I didn't read the label all that carefully when I was staring at the wall of hippie all-natural/organic/etc/etc/etc bread products.  Certainly, I've never seen this many seeds on top of a loaf of just plain wheat bread, before.  ...Yes, it is apparently "organic nine grain bread".  I shudder to think about what those grains might be, but they're rather delicious.

I think I'm going to continue to catch up on the current season of Sons of Anarchy on Hulu, then hit the sack.  There is much training to get to tomorrow morning, so I need my beauty rest.

Play me off, Fatheads.

No comments:

Post a Comment