May 1, 2010

Birthday Next Week


So I've got my quatricentennial birthday coming up next week, and I've been thinking about what I'd like to eat to celebrate the wonderful gift God made to the planet.  I'm also getting a bit restless with the diet, and I'd like to take a day to break the monotony.  I don't want to go nuts and ruin my diet, but I also would like to actually eat some foods I enjoy.  Normally, of course, beer and/or good scotch would be a given, but I made a commitment on that front and I intend to honor it.

Now, I know myself pretty well, and I have a number of pitfalls I can fall into with this sort of thing, the biggest being choice.  If I put myself in a situation where I can pick whatever I want at the time, I'll pick too much or the wrong thing, so I need a set of rules going in.  So I've decided I need to make up a menu ahead of time.  The second pitfall is the "well, just one more won't hurt" pitfall, so I've decided to construct a menu where what I've scheduled is the most I can eat, similar to my system for the diet overall.  I'm allowed exactly up to the amount of food prescribed, but that doesn't mean I have to eat it all if I feel full.

Keeping these things in mind, I present to you my hypothetical menu for my birthday this week.

2 eggs, 3 pieces of (thick cut) bacon and 2 slices of wheat toast for Breakfast
    160 Calories (eggs)
    180 Calories (bacon)
    140 Calories (toast)
12" Italian BMT (no mayo/oil/etc or cheese) from Subway and a bag of Baked Lays for Lunch
    488 Calories (sandwich)
    130 Calories (chips)
Papa Johns Spicy Italian Pizza (3 slices of a 16", no butter sauce for me)
    1140 Calories (for all 3 slices)


2238 Calories for the day


So, dear readers, how do you feel about this plan?  The portions are a bit on the large side of what I should eat, in some cases, but I'm erring on the side of fatness.  Anything under that, and I'm well within what a healthy person should eat, calorie-wise, over the course of a day.  Obviously, 'za and bacon is not the healthiest way to get those calories, but it's my birthday, goddamnit.

No comments:

Post a Comment