June 24, 2010

Fun in the Sunset

I caught sunrise on the east coast of Florida this morning, and I caught sunset off the Keys this evening.


But in between, there was much travel and 2 interesting meals.  One of the great food groups I love that I've often been denied (for years) by geography is seafood, so I had to have a day of it while the getting was good.  For lunch, I stopped and had some fried shrimp and onion rings.  Totally worth it, after my exile in the midwest for many years.

Before and after lunch, I spent most of the day on the A1A and US-1, which are both much more scenic than the interstate.  Just FYI, if you ever try it, the Canaveral State Park does not pass through to the other nearby national park, although your map will probably tell you it does.  Just go out to US-1 or 95, if you need to keep moving.  Otherwise, the parks look lovely, and if I ever come down again, I will spend some time in them.  I did eventually have to switch over to 95, because I wanted to catch the sunset in the Keys, and wouldn't be able to going 45 mph or less.


I stopped at a seafood joint for dinner, and had some fried clamstrips, fried fish (for the life of me I can't remember the kind), and peal and eat shrimp.  These came with a side of green beans and, I realized when they arrived, 2 enormous sides of fries.  I didn't eat many fries, or the cole slaw, both of which are now sitting in my cooler for... you know, I should just throw them out.  I don't really like cole slaw, and the fries just are terrible for me.  I enjoyed my little seafood binge, but tomorrow I've decided to go hardline diet, again.


I did make it to a decent spot in time to snap some shots of the sunset.  It appears there may have been some crap on my lens, which irks me, but I still like a number of the pictures I took.  I think I'm going to try and hit sunrise on the gulf coast in Texas and sunset on the west coast, as well, to round things out.

I didn't crap again today, and really hope to tomorrow morning, when I also get to have a shower since I'm staying in a legit campground tonight.  There's a Starbucks in Key West I think I'll target for breakfast, so I can hit internet and grab breakfast.  That's all I've got for today, party people, so I'm going to roll over and try to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment