June 13, 2010

Another Fun and Exciting Saturday

As revealed in the morning weigh in, I woke up a bit late this morning, and grabbed lunch before heading out to the store, to forestall any excuses to give in to temptation.



For lunch, I had the frozen Steak & Cheese Melt.  It was a good, quick meal, that let me get on with my day's errands.


For my afternoon snack, I had one of these South Beach Living Snack Pack Delights Energy Mix packets of which I've been promising to post pictures.


It's about what you'd expect from trail mix.  Some chocolate bits, almonds, cashews, peanuts, etc.


Remember when I said I had tried my last new Lean Cuisine Pizza?  Apparently, I was wrong, for this evening I discovered and consumed the Deep Dish Spinach and Mushroom pizza.


I also had some broccoli (vegetable) and light ranch dressing (fat).  I also didn't feel like eating my celery, so I didn't.  We officially have a pizza I won't be buying again.  I don't usually like white pizza, to begin with, although I do enjoy spinach and mushrooms as toppings.  The real losing point for this pizza came of its "deep dish" nature.  I like deep dish pizza, but I've rarely had a good one outside of Chicago, and the first thing I'll tell you about good deep dish is that it's not just a pile of fucking bread with a bit of cheese on the top.  I know not to expect anything even remotely resembling good deep dish from the rest of the country, much less a diet freezer meal, but even taken by itself, it was awful.

It had the one fault the other Lean Cuisine meals I tried managed to avoid: gummy bread.  The bottom of the crust wasn't very well crisped, either, so it was just overall an awful meal.  Lesson learned, so I moved on to game time.


I had a few chips left over from last night's Pringles can, so I finished them off earlier in the evening.  I moved on to enjoy this whole can during tonight's session.  I thought I should throw up this comparrison with a standard soda can to clear up confusion about the size of them.  I'm now out of Pringles, and don't anticipate buying more of them.  They were not all that satisfying, and were a ridiculous number of calories for what they were.

We rocked some L4D2 this evening, and many things were accomplished, including a few new achievements.  Now, I need to pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment