June 23, 2010

Lunch and Some Interstate Fun

Today's travel has been all on the interstate, so I haven't seen much of interest.  I had to make up some time, and I've done that.  I'm stopped for a bit because I (finally) had to drop a deuce, and I figured I'd rest up and knock out a lunch entry, while I'm here.


I set out this morning fully prepared to eat a proper lunch and dinner, and things were going well at the start of lunch.  When I stopped for gas in South Carolina, my Red Beans and Rice was hot from sitting on the back deck of the car, and I ripped off the top, put a bit of water in it (as you're supposed to), stuck a fork in it and placed it by the shifter in the car.  Unfortunately, as I sat down next to it, the damned thing spilled out all over the floor.  Recalling a sign I'd seen at the ramp, I put the car in gear and headed out.


One of the things I've been told to try on the journey was a chain restaurant called Bojangles.  They're a primarily southern fast food chain, although they appear to have one location in PA and several in Maryland and DC (http://www.bojangles.com/aboutus_locations.html).  Specifically, I was told to try the Ham Biscuit, which is a slice of ham on a biscuit, un-shockingly.


I decided against the Ham Biscuit (because my car's messy enough without biscuit all over it.in favor of some manner of Cajun Club sandwich, which was fried chicken with some manner of sweet mustard sauce and lettuce & tomato.  It was good, although not worth a re-destruction of the diet for a second visit.

I should get back on the road, when I get nearer to where I intend to stop for the night, I need to find a grocery store and re-stock on milk.  Since I think I'm mostly abandoning eggs as a primary protein source, I think I can upgrade from a quart to a half gallon, and re-purpose my milk Nalgene as a third water Nalgene, to try and keep up with the pace of sweat in the 95+ heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment