June 27, 2010

Lunch, Sanibel/Captiva and Dinner

As I'm staying with family (who don't really know about the blog), I haven't been able to hop on the internets machine this weekend.  Now I've got a few meals to recap.


Yesterday, we drove out to Sanibel/Captiva and ate lunch at a joint called The Mucky Duck.


We shared an appetizer of jalapeno poppers and tortilla chips, two of my favorite drinking foods.  I so look forward to next weekend's coming booze fest.


I haven't completely exorcised my seafood addiction, and I got their seafood sampler or platter or something along those lines, which included their "BBQ Bacon Shrimp", of which I will almost certainly just order a full plate next time.


At one point on the drive back, we pulled off the road and I got some pictures of these birds (I think they're ibis..es?) walking along the edge of the water.


I got within about 4' of them before they started to all take off, and this was the best shot I got of them in flight.


We had dinner at their home, so I was able to have a proper Nutrisystem meal.




I had the Nutrisystem Lasagna with Meat Sauce, celery (unlimited vegetable), light ranch dressing (fat), green beans (vegetable) and a slice of wheat toast (carbohydrate).  For dessert, I had a package of sugar-free Twizzlers, since I felt I could get away with them at a location with dependable toilet access, that restored digestive order in a rather definitive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment