June 25, 2010

Everglades and Panthers

So I headed over to Key West from whatever Key it was I slept on last night, and headed to the Starbucks to grab breakfast and further use up my giftcard.


Unfortunately, all the tables were taken, so I ate off the trunk of my car, since I'd already payed for half an hour of meter time.  I ate Nutricinnamon Squares Cereal, a juice box (fruit), 8 oz of nonfat milk (dairy), and a venti iced coffee.  Once again, I dumped my milk in the iced coffee to make the milk palatable.  I headed up from the Keys to US-41, where I stopped before entering the everglades to eat lunch.


And lunch was a nice box of Red Beans and Rice that was warming on the back deck of the car all morning.  It prepared me to head out onto the great journey through the everglades.


There was some really pretty country, but there were no good places to stop.  There were a number of restaurants and places with names like "gator bob's fanboat excursions", and I wasn't hungry and I don't have the scratch to finance a charter into the everglades.  This sign, however, I captured by pure accident.  I had popped up the camera to scare that car, for some reason, and that sign came up just as I stuck it out the sunroof.  It was the only one of its kind I saw, and it was awesome.  No panthers or gators were spotted or run over, so we'll call it a wash.


I'm staying with family for a few days on the west coast of Florida, so I had dinner with them this evening.  I had some asparagus, heirloom tomato, zuccini, a slice of wheat toast, and a few shrimp.  I erred on the side of caution and went low on my shrimp tonight, because I didn't want to overdo it.

With the filibuster of the EUC bill yesterday, my trip is in very serious jeopardy.  Unless a new bill is introduced and looks like it will pass next week, I'll probably be returning home and seriously considering something drastic like joining the military or stopping trying to find engineering work and either joining the fast-paced world of transportation services (truck driving) or consumables delivery (waiting tables).

Oh, I got weighed in this morning, but couldn't go barefoot, so I only have a weight number:

Weight: 289.6 lbs

Suck on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment