June 5, 2010

Temptation, Revolution!

I was thinking bad thoughts before dinner this evening, I must confess.  There were words spoken of grilled food, sausages and hamburgers.  As has been recently witnessed, these things are weaknesses of mine, really anything off a grill.  I've also been subject to an unusually high amount of advertising for Lean Cuisine meals, recently, and wanted to give them a try.


This lead to an afternoon shopping trip, during which I bought several things, including the Lean Cuisine Traditional Pepperoni Pizza.


The calorie count on most of the frozen Nutrisystem meals are 250-300 calories, and these are 300-350 calories.  A carbohydrate serving is typically between 70-110 calories, so I figure chopping that from the meal when I have one of these makes it all even.


Plus, obviously, doing this for dinner is FAR better than losing my shit and having a cheeseburger.


The pizza was fucking fantastic.  It has one of those crisper tray things built into the box which seems to work really well.  I also had my light ranch dressing (fat) with some celery (unlimited vegetable) and some broccoli (vegetable).  I'm definitely labeling adding these Lean Cuisine meals a success.

I'm also considering dropping from the Nutrisystem Select program down to the regular Nutrisystem program, to shave a few bucks off of my bill.  I haven't been much of one for eating the breakfasts, and I can live without the lunches in favor of these dinners, which have the additional benefit of variety and choice.

I did not work out today, for the reasons mentioned in the breakfast entry.  I will have to lift tomorrow to make up for it.  Tonight: either L4D or L4D2.  We've got a number of achievements we can go for in either, but I think we're short a man for a full crew, unfortunately, which slightly limits our options.  We'll have to see what happens.

PS: Apparently, I forgot to hit post on this 6ish hours ago when I wrote it.  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment