March 27, 2011

Never Volunteer

... because there's always more to do than you think there is.  I was at work fairly late last night (around 8) and I realized while I was there that I would need to return this morning.

Weight:     288.2 lbs
Body Fat: 39%
Water:      46.7%


I'm comfortable with not calling this weight gain, as I was completely dehydrated yesterday morning, and that's why my weight was ridiculously low.  Yesterday, I ate a South Beach bar for breakfast, and I went out in the early afternoon for a half-sandwich and a half-salad from Panera.   For dinner, I came home and ordered a Jimmy Johns unwich (lettuce wrap) sans cheese, mayo or oil&vinegar.


I can't stop playing with my fondle-slab I picked up yesterday.  I bought an original flavor 64GB iPad, which means no camera or built-in 3G, but I also picked up a Verizon MiFi hotspot, which is about a third of the size of my cell phone, and works pretty amazingly well.  I'm starting out on the 1GB/month plan, and I only plan on keeping it activated when I'm traveling.  (hint, I'm traveling).


The travel is actually the big reason I bought the thing.  If I'm only traveling for a few days or a week for work, I travel with just the work laptop, but I don't use the work laptop for any of my personal business (blogging, reading my feedreader, Youtube, etc. etc.)  so when I travel for longer than a week, I always have to carry the extra laptop.  I have a 17" Dell that is just a fantastic machine as a desktop-replacement, but leaves something to be desired on the portability front.


Clearing security with both that and the work machine is always a bit of a chore, too (although I've yet to be the slowest person in line, fucking tourists).  I think that, somehow, having just the work laptop and the iPad will be a bit easier to deal with than the current setup.  I had to pick up a wireless keyboard for it, because the onboard one is alright for everything but actually typing long sentences.  The standard Apple case and the Verizon sleeve are both fairly worthless, so I'm looking in to an alternative right now. 


I could ramble on about the damned thing, but I need to get going in to work.  Have a pleasant Sunday, Fatheads.

No comments:

Post a Comment