March 26, 2010

Turkey Experiments

So, today I had an experimental meal for lunch.

The Turkey Hot Dog was something that Nutrisystem sent as part of one of my free food weeks, and I was intrigued, especially because it's a non-refrigerated item.

It came in this vacuum-sealed pouch and is just a bit smaller than a normal hotdog. Microwaved for 30 seconds, and its instructions also said to serve it on a whole wheat bun. Certain Nutrisystem meals require the addition of bread or milk that don't come out of your side servings.

For my side I had romaine lettuce with some lite ranch dressing (fuck you, I'm trying the light shit, and this brand is pretty good) and, since I had no whole wheat buns around, I used a piece of bread.

The hot dog... tasted like a hot dog. Nothing great, I mean, I'd rather eat Vienna Beef or Nathan's over this, but it was pretty comparable to a Ballpark frank. A turkey ballpark frank. With nothing on it. I've gotta order next month's food today, and I think I'll get a few of them. Ciao, homies.

No comments:

Post a Comment