March 28, 2010

Dinner

Food has happened, let's look at it.

Tonight, I enjoyed some Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies for dessert, and powered through a Meatloaf and Tomato Sauce with Mashed Potatoes for dinner.

I had a romaine lettuce salad, with lite ranch, some cauliflower (vegetable) and 5 green olives (fat), along with a slice of multigrain bread for my carbohydrate. Of course, there's the requisite diet soda: Coke Zero. Nutrisystem manufactures a couple of kinds of meatloaf, and I've got it in my head that I like at least one of them, but I'm not sure which one or if they still make it. This was not it.

The meatloaf itself is all right, although I've never been a fan of tomatoes being involved in my meatloaf preparation. Where it really falls apart is at the mixture of tomatoes and mashed potatoes. I ate the meatloaf, but I couldn't get the taters down. Fortunately, Dessert happened.

These are my favorite cookies. They're crispier than the other cookies from Nutrisystem, and they taste pretty much like standard cookies. The fact that there are a bunch of them in a serving, so it makes you feel like you're eating more, doesn't hurt.

Tried to do my taxes today, and realized I was missing the only one of my many tax forms that could not be obtained online. My previous state of residence is backward in the strangest ways. Fortunately, I've got two weeks, so I should be able to call Monday and get a new one on time. Well, this means I need to get to sleep on time tonight, so I can begin the ritual of calling and being disconnected until they finally give me the privilege to sit on hold to wait to talk to them.

This is the great thing about that state's unemployment system. Once they get a certain number of people on hold, they just drop your call and tell you to call back later. This wouldn't be so bad, except for the part where it takes about 5 minutes to get through all the menus to get to the point where it either puts you on hold or drops you. So I expect to spend about 3 hours doing this tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment