August 25, 2010

Fatness at Lunch, Frugality at Dinner

So, Lunch went poorly.  I was at the apartment meeting/photo-documenting the condition of the apartment prior to my move in far later than I'd intended, and I was ravenous on my way back to the hotel at 1:30 for lunch, and stopped at Wendy's, where I ate:

A double cheeseburger, a large fry, 10 spicy chicken nuggets with ranch, and  large Diet Coke.

Yes, because the diet coke makes up for all my sins.... Ah, fuck.  I arrested this downward spiral with a penitent's dinner.


So, I'm not Saint, but carrots (vegetable), light ranch dressing (fat) and 8 oz of non-fat milk (dairy) is not what I would call pigging out, either.  This doesn't excuse my earlier behavior, and, if I were hungrier, I'd probably eat more, but I'm still mostly full from lunch.  I might have a serving of slim jims (protein) for dessert.

Tomorrow: DMV, maybe IKEA, definitely hardware store (for felt feet for furniture, fffff), massive cleaning effort to make up for previous tenant, making sure I have proper things to eat while working at the apartment.  Tonight: going to brew a hotel pot of decaf, snap into a Slim Jim, and feel good about afternoon Target run for basic household essentials and their unpacking/distributing in the apartment (toilet paper, cleaning supplies, garbage cans, etc.) and whatever is on TV on Wednesdays that is not completely terrible (meaning I'll read a book).

No comments:

Post a Comment