August 25, 2010

Breakfasting, Moving Progress

Good Morning! and it is, indeed, a glorious morning.  I'm currently enjoying a fabulous Nutrisystem breakfast, but, before I describe that, allow me to share with you the snackings of my people.

Last night, as anticipated, I chowed down on about 3 protein servings of Slim Jims after dinner.  Is this the best thing I could have eaten? No.  But, considering I was considering abandoning a Nutrisystem dinner and walking across the parking lot for a Baconator from Wendy's... I'll call this one a win, and I'll win even harder today.


Speaking of winning, I again ate Nutricinnamon Squares Cereal for breakfast this morning, that's already down the hatch.


I'm continuing my method from the road trip of consuming my cereal from Solo cups, and using one of my Nalgenes as a measuring bottle. So for sides, I had some Diet Coke, a slice of mutli-grain bread (carbohydrate), a juice box (fruit) and 8 oz of non-fat milk (dairy).

You know, I appreciate the newspaper the hotel is giving me, and I appreciate even more that there's still some way that the newspapers are getting revenue from physical product, but I really don't understand one practical concern with the damned things:  how am I supposed to read this and do anything else?  I mean, I understand that there was a time in history, some magical far-off place, where people could spend time every morning JUST reading the newspaper, but for me it's always been a while-you-eat proposition.  Given that, I'd much rather deal with being one of those people eating breakfast over their laptop so I can get my read on while I eat than try and wrestle with a paper and knock over my precious caffeine.

I've got an exciting day ahead, as I'm getting the keys to the high rise condo I'm renting today.  I got a really sweet deal on one that's downtown in this city, and I can't wait to make my long-anticipated return from suburban living.  Of course, the furnishings I'm ready to install pretty much boil down to a cable modem and a folding chair, but that's OK!  Just having a place with my name on the lease again is fantastic.

I love my family, and I'm eternally grateful that they let me live with them during my transitional phase, but it's incredibly demoralizing to have to live at home as an "adult", especially when you've already lived on your own post-college.

Now, with breakfast completed, on to the shower ritual and the commute that is the opposite of what I will normally be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment