August 24, 2010

Proper Eating Roundup

Today, for a first day back on, could have gone worse.


I started off with some Nutricinnamon Squares Cereal (I think, I forgot to look at the package before I poured it out).


For sides, I had a box of juice (fruit), 8 oz of non-fat milk (dairy) and a slice of mutli-grain bread (carbohydrate).  I've not been much of a breakfast person while I've been on my horrendous cheating-spree, so this was plenty to hold me over for the morning.


For lunch, I heated some water in the hotel coffee pot and had some delicious Cheesy Homestyle Potatoes.


I ate a bit before noon, but I'd chalk that up to boredom.  I enjoyed a diet coke and water with dinner.

Afternoon snack was less than perfect, and way early.  I had a snack bar, which is what I'm supposed to have, and about 3 servings of protein in the form of mini-Slim Jims (which are about the worst protein vector I can think of, due to fattiness, and which I am not supposed to have, in the first place).  Also, I ate this snack at about 1:45, again probably out of boredom.  I managed to contain my fat ass until dinner, however.


And for dinner, I had an entree of Wedged Potatoes with Sliced Beef Steak.  I was, again, bored and hungry, so I ate around 4:30, which is, again, a bit earlier than I'm usually supposed to eat.


For sides, I had some carrots (vegetable), a juice box (fruit), a slice of multi-grain bread (carbohydrate) and some light bleu cheese dressing (fat).  For dessert, I had another snack bar.

I was doing ok at this point, but I'm a bit nervous, and still damned bored, so I'm munching on some more of these damned Slim Jims.  I'm going to put the damned things down, now, but I might chow on some later.

One might wonder why I'm so bored, and the easy answer is that I'm in a between period right now.  I'm staying in a hotel while I await the arrival of the bulk of my belongings, and I'm also still waiting to get into my new place with what I DO have with me.  Right now, I'm basically sitting around and reading/watching hotel tv all day.  I'm very much in a "hurry up and wait" mentality, and I'm going swiftly mad.

It's made worse, of course, knowing that I'm going to be in an insane flurry as soon as the next step comes up, and I can't do anything more right now to make that easier.  Ah well, maybe TV will distract me better than spicy mini meat sticks this evening.  I'll update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment