July 14, 2010

Back to the Grind

Woke up a bit late today, since my schedule's been all out of whack, and ate lunch at noon.


I had the Cheesy Homestyle Potatoes, which are rather good, if you add enough water to them.  If you only add water once, they end up like a horrible glue, you need to keep adding water and mixing until they're stable at the fill line.

I spent the early part of the afternoon applying for jobs.  There weren't a whole lot of new engineering jobs since yesterday, so I mainly applied for administrative/business jobs in the field.  I also realized that the main reason I'd been putting off formatting my old laptop with Ubuntu was that I had my copy of Rosetta Stone installed on it, and I didn't know where the damned activation code was.  Fortunately, the kind folks at customer support helped me out with a new code, when I explained my problem to them and provided my old proof of purchase info, so I'm in the process of installing it on the newer computer.



For dinner, I had the Lean Cuisine Pepperoni Pizza.  I'm continuing to eat some frozen foods to ease back into dieting.




For sides, I had some light ranch dressing (fat), celery and cucumber (unlimited vegetables), and cauliflower (vegetable).  I felt a bit hungry after dinner, as I haven't really adjusted back to good portion sizes yet, so I moved on to dessert.




For dessert, I had a South Beach Living Peanut Butter Cereal Bar.




I really like these.  For their calorie count, they're a pretty significant size, and they're definitely one of the better tasting options for something this size.


So that was Tuesday.  I finished writing this up at around 3:30 AM Wednesday, because I woke up in the middle of the night to hit the head and realized I had never finished this.  Currently experiencing an exciting back twinge and trying to psyche myself up to work out when I get up for real this morning.  I think I'll have better luck psyching myself up to return to the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment